Answered

ERROR MESSAGE "UNABLE TO BROWSE MUSIC" FOR ONE SPECIFIC AMAZON PLAYLIST

• 28 November 2019
  • 8 replies

• Contributor I
  • 7 replies

I think I have a pretty unique issue.  I am getting the error "Unable to browse music" when trying to play a playlist I created with mostly music I own in Amazon Music.  What's even stranger is the playlist plays fine directly from the  Amazon Music app.  I only have the issue when I try to play it via Sonos.

I signed out of Amazon.  I refreshed my library.  I removed Amazon and readers the service and nothing works.  I really hate to rebuild this playlist.  All my other playlists work fine.  I submitted diagnostics  too, # 690578130

Appreciate any insight and help.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 December 2019, 23:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I have had the same issue with my Amazon playlists. No one seems to have an answer. 

Not sure if this will work, or not ..and I’m assuming all music is stored within Amazon’s Cloud, rather than being held locally … I guess you could perhaps clear the locally held music and the App’s cache just to be sure of that...

1. Goto the Amazon’s App 'Now Playing' Screen and open the Queue.
  2. Clear the Queue using the button at bottom of the screen
  3. Goto 'My Music' in the App and simply Play the required Playlist… make sure the tracks are all working okay.
  4. Goto the 'Now Playing' Screen and pause the music
  5. Now open the Queue and hit the 'save' button at bottom of screen.
  6. You will prompted to give these queue tracks a Playlist Name… choose a new unique name.

All being well, after a short while the Playlist should appear in the Sonos App, check now to see if it plays.

Hope that suggestion works for you.👍 (Note: I have not tried this myself, but it may work.🤞) 

Thanks for that. Will try at some point.  To add more color to my issue. My original playlist had 504 songs.  Apparently Sonos can only play lists that or under 500 so gs from Amazon.  I removed 5 songs and sure enough it started working again.....for a few days and then I got the same error again.  Will try Ken's suggestion.  

Thank you, Ken!!

Your fix worked perfectly…

Julio

Thank you, Ken!!

Your fix worked perfectly…

Julio

Glad it worked for you Julio and thanks for taking the time to feed that result back here too. 👍

Ken’s workaround is to duplicate the Amazon playlist and play the duplicate instead of the broken one. It is easy to duplicate a playlist in the Amazon app by following his instructions and it fixed my problem. Thank you Ken!!!!

My 275 song personal playlist “Crazy” suddenly started failing with error messages like ”Unable to play ‘Sweet Old World’ - unable to connect to Amazon music”. All of the songs in the playlist were purchased by me. By stepping through the Sonos queue I was able to play a few of the songs… maybe one in twenty. Other personal Amazon playlists worked perfectly. Songs that failed in “Crazy” played fine in other playlists.

I’ve been playing “Crazy” on Sonos for four years. Wish I knew whether Amazon or Sonos issues caused it to fail. The failure started the first time I used Sonos after their December 2020 S1 app update. Coincidence?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ve been playing “Crazy” on Sonos for four years. Wish I knew whether Amazon or Sonos issues caused it to fail. The failure started the first time I used Sonos after their December 2020 S1 app update. Coincidence?

No. It would be Amazon at fault here. Sonos have no direct write-access to Amazon playlists, its all done through SMAPI calls.

Thanks for your reply.

I wouldn’t expect Sonos to be able to modify Amazon playlists.

The “broken” playlist works fine in the Amazon music app. So maybe Sonos isn’t reading it correctly. Of course that could be Amazon’s fault, too, if the problem is in their API.