Error message re Apple music - renew subscription

• 23 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Sonos keeps turning off on me with the message that says"You need to renew your Apple Music Subscription". This is just wrong because I've confirmed with Apple that my subscription is up to date and current.....Can't use Sonos to listen to my own library from Apple Music now....LDawydiak

*Moderator Note: Please censor personal information when posting.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d do two things. Most importantly, remove your email from your post using the ‘edit’ function, or you may end up getting signed up for more spam email lists.

Second, I’d force a new ‘handshake’ between the Sonos system and Apple’s authorization servers by first removing your Apple account from Sonos, then force closing the app, and finally reopening the app, and adding it the Apple account back in.

But, if that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this error, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.