Question

Error 701 Can't add songs to the queue

• 10 October 2020
  • 1 reply

For the love, can somebody please help me figure this out.  I recently upgraded to the S2 platform, and the system is practically unusable.  I have ATT Fiber and an Netgear Nighthawk X10 router.  Everything is downstairs with the speakers within 30 feet of the router.  The S1 platform with the bridge worked great. It happens with all music sources:  Spotify, Sonos Radio, Amazon Music, etc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Coop43, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Let me check it for you.

Error 701 unable to add tracks to the queue caused by network communication problems, either between Sonos and your router or between Sonos and the internet.

To address this issue, you need to perform a sequential reboot of your network devices, all your Sonos products, and force close mobile controllers to refresh the connection.

• A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  • If you're still getting the same error, I recommend wiring one of your Sonos speaker to the router and see how your system will work.

We would appreciate it if you can submit a diagnostic report to further check on this. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.