Error 107

• 14 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I got error 107 when iu  tried add music form my NAS to SONOS list
How to fix it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sailor0

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for sharing this with us. Let me share some information with you. To use a NAS drive with Sonos, the NAS must support the SMB(v1)/CIFS file-sharing protocol. The SMB protocol is a network file sharing protocol that allows applications on a computer to read and write to files and to request services from server programs in a computer network.

To further help you out with this, I'd like to ask some questions from you.

•  Any update or changes you made recently with your network?
  • Were you able to access the NAS drive from your computer?
  • Have you tried removing and re-adding your music library?
  • Have you tried recreating the SMB(v1)/CIFS file sharing permissions on the folder on your computer?
  • Have you configured your computer firewall to work with Sonos? 
  • Do you have an antivirus installed? You may need to check the firewall configuration settings to ensure that it's not blocking Sonos.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

Hello

Tank You for reply

I make a mistake it is error 701 not 107 :)

And regardnig Your questions

All is good no issue with NAS access to NAS,(firewall and antivirus are disabled and issue appeares)
SMB1 is active - (beeig hones i do not get why SONOS use SMB1 old full of bugs) insteda of SMB 2 or 3

Regards

Piotr

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The older Sonos devices do not have room for the newer SMB code or the newer Linux code needed to support it.

Hopefully we will someday see that changed for S2 systems.

Badge

Hello

Sonos Move it is rather new then old, isn’t it