Question

Error 1002 - Cannot resolve.

• 26 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi, I have daily issues with my sonos speakers (2 x Play 1) connecting to online services, i.e. Deezer, Spotify etc. Every day the app comes up with 1002 error loading tracks... Happens on 3 phones we have that control the speakers. Our internet is fine, and speakers connect fine to the internet. Sometimes it takes hours to get them to work, and sometimes we give up, we turn everything off and on again (speakers, internet, phones with app etc.) and nothing seems to improve it. I try to submit support diagnostics and tries. The wheel spins for about 30 seconds then comes up with ".....could not be sent....". I have updated to the new S2 controller and is says Sonos found on this network - update your system, I select update and put in user/pass, circle spins for about 10 seconds then goes back to the same screen and doesn't update at all. I have reset the app etc. etc., nothing changes. Really starting to get annoyed with them as they basically cannot be used at all.  This is also not a track limit issue (65000??) as when just trying to play an album or one song the error comes up.

Error 1002 seems to be very common when reading up on forums, but nothing in the pages seem to help me.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @daazzaa, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. I appreciate all the informations that you provided in resolving the issue. Regarding your concern, Kindly check this link about Error 1001 or 1002 when using the Music Library, there are troubleshooting steps on that article that may help.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon

But I have followed the error 1002 troubleshooting steps, most of it listed in my original post, thus why i am asking here. I have more luck getting it to work when using a desktop app instead of the mobile app. Is the problem the mobile app?  Just see alot of people having the same issues as me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @daazzaa, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, If you’ve already followed all the troubleshooting steps from the article. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request for remote access or screen share with your controller or device for further assistance on this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

Hi, have not bothered about this recently, just coming back to this.  Problem still exists, this is a daily issue, sometimes you fight for 3 hours and may get it to work after rebooting routers, phones, resetting app etc.  I have upgraded to S2 App and no change, says “Sonos Found on this Network”, Update or More options, press update and put user/pass back in and then goes back to a spinning wheel at the Sonos found on this network screen and then stops spinning, press Update again adn so it goes around in circles.  I have reset App in More options, makes no difference.

Looking at more speakers and with the flakiness of connections etc, I am loathed to continue with Sonos speakers, albeit they are great…. when they work!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @daazzaa, thanks for the update and sorry to hear that your Sonos system is still not working properly. We’ll take this further.  I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. So that they can check your network layout and what could be possibly causing this issue on your system.

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

The annoying thing is just when i am about to give up and call Sonos support it starts working for no reason!!! So then dont call you, but today it is hopeless, I am about to call phone support now because it is getting beyond a joke.

And surprise surprise, support only Monday to Friday, today is Saturday and it will not work at all.  Great speakers but frustrating devices.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @daazzaa, thanks for the update and I apologize for what happened. In this case, since it’s still not working properly and for further assistance. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.