Question

DVD cutting out temporarily

• 11 January 2021
  • 1 reply

We have had the Sonos System for over a year now, and within the last 4 months the DVD player has begun cutting out periodically before coming back on. It only happens while playing DVDs, no other sources are affected. I have scoured the help section and tried most of the fixes I saw there, with no luck so far. It is a Sony Blueray/DVD player, playing DVDs, connected to a Beam, Sub, and 2 One Sls. The Beam and Sub are connected via Ethernet. I sent a diagnostic earlier, 178377687. It just cut out again while I was typing so I sent another as well, 1816949457. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @SteveZissou13,

Welcome to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this. 

Based on the diagnostic reports that you submitted, the WiFi is disabled on your Sonos Beam and Sub, and your left rear speaker is missing. If you check the room settings in the Sonos app, it shows the Living Room (R+?+Sub). In this setup, you may experience audio dropout or no audio.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

1. Enable WiFi on both of your wired speakers. Enabling the WiFi will broadcast the signal to other speakers in your home theater setup.
    • In the Sonos app, tap the Settings > System > Tap the name of the room (wired speaker) > Under Products tap the model of speaker > Select Enable WiFi
    • Test audio playback
  2. Remove and re-add surround to address the missing left rear speaker.
    • Test audio playback
    • If you’re still having the same issue, proceed to the next step
  3. Reboot your Sonos Beam, TV, and other audio sources
    • Disconnect all the cables connected to your TV including your DVD player and Sonos Beam
    • Unplug the power cable from your TV, the Sonos Beam, DVD, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). 
    • Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
    • Reconnect all the cables to your TV.
    • Inspect the cables and ensure it's not bent or kinked and check to see that it's fully inserted into both devices.
  4. Check for your Samsung TV software update (if available).
  5. Reboot your all network devices (modem, router, access points, WiFi extenders, i.e.)

If the issue is not fixed after performing the steps above, I recommend contacting our phone support for more in-depth troubleshooting steps and to check what's going on with your Sonos.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.