Drastic Volume Difference from TV to Music on the Beam.

• 30 November 2020
  • 1 reply

There is a significant difference in volume when switching from TV to music on my Beam.

The TV becomes way to loud when switching over to music. Have to remember to turn down the volume when switching over. Is there any way to adjust this so the volume is the same for both.

I have the TV on fixed volume. It’s about a 5 year old Visio.

I am using the IR Port on the Beam. I used the ARC HDMI port on the other TV and the Beam volume was very even.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tikiking1, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about your issue when switching the volume of your TV and the Beam. I’ll ask some questions to check on this issue.

• Is it always like this when switching from TV to music?
  • If not, are there any changes made before this issue happened?
  • You tried it on another TV and the volume was even when switching modes, could it be adjusted on the TV settings to be even when changing TV to music?
  • Have you tried to do a power cycle or unplug the TV and the Sonos Beam from the power source for 1-2 minutes and plug it back in to check for any difference?

Answers to these questions will help us check where the issue is coming from.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.