Answered

Does dual mono work?

• 11 November 2022
  • 3 replies

re System 2 AMP why do both my speakers play nothing when I select dual mono mode, but both play in stereo 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 18 November 2022, 12:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Len Sim, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Since you’re getting audio in stereo I’m not sure why you’re not getting any audio on dual mono mode, as that is just both stereo channels joined together.

I would recommend generating two diagnostics, one with the system playing in stereo and another with the system playing in dual mono mode for around 10 minutes each, then reaching out to our support team to discuss over the phone as they have more tools at their disposal to assist you in troubleshooting this issue.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for this- I got good help from the tech team ending in a factory reset.  However, the AMP now has the same output in stereo and mono, with very attenuated mid range!

For no logical reason with balance set to full right or full left, the sound is excellent and mono, so I have some sort of solution.

When I have a spare couple of hours, I will have another try, but suspect a hardware issue developing!

SOLVED…

Our house was new when we moved in.  The electrician had managed to wire the speakers in series (with strands of the flex cable all over the place).

I have corrected this and all is well