Question

disabling WiFi kills my RCA outputs on Connect

• 3 November 2020
  • 2 replies

So this one is a doozy.  I have a Sonos connect that I’m trying to get working and I’ve had nothing but problems.  I’m on a Unifi network with a USG and managed 48 port switch.  Every time I’ve tried to get the sonos connect working with wifi it creates a network storm and the audio just staggers until it’s completely unusable.  I have STP enabled at the recommended value and no change.  I was told to try to disable wifi and see what happens then.  The only way I could actually get the wifi to disable and STAY disabled for longer than a few seconds was to put the connect on an entirely different network, otherwise i would get an error message that said something about the ethernet not being connected.  Once i disable the wireless I can then put the connect back on my Unifi network and the network storms are gone and it works reliable, EXCEPT for the fact that now my RCA outputs don’t work.  Well, they work but the signal is down near -80dbfs.  Totally unusable.  The digital toslink works just fine.  If I put it back on the other network and enable the wifi the RCA outputs come back to life.  

I contacted support and they said they hadn’t seen it before and offered to RMA it for $300.  BAHAHAHAHAH!   

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @drew571, welcome to the Sonos Community! I appreciate you reaching out here with us and I’d be happy to help. Yes, it’s strange why it's doing that. Have you done any troubleshooting when you contacted our phone support? I’m thinking if I’ll just repeat the same thing. 

Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi Krishma.

Thanks for the response.  They had me do a factory reset on it again, which I had already done several times to no avail.  :(