Answered

Denon Amp and Sonos Surround System wireless connection

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a whole sonos wireless system (sub, surrounds (One SL), beam, move and even boost). It is all wirelessly connected and cannot be connected to my Denon Amp by wires as it is not nearby.

I am interested in knowing what sonos device is required or what steps I need to follow in order to be able to connect all my speakers wirelessly to the Denon Amp  Denon AVR S760H).

Reason: I want to use a Projector with it and in order to be able to use playstation, blueray and other devices, I need the amp.

PLEASE HELP ME.

icon

Best answer by John B 10 January 2023, 22:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As you hint at in your post, you would just be using the Denon as an expensive switch (assuming there is a suitable output).

Sonos soundbars are really designed for TVs rather than projectors. There is also no place for a third party amp in a Sonos HT setup.

So if you want to use your HT system with a projector I would suggest you need a standard HDMI switch to accommodate your multiple input devices.

The output from that goes to an HDMI-ARC audio extractor, such as made by HDFury and Feintech. 

Audio then goes to the Beam, video to the projector.. You can't avoid a long HDMI cable somewhere.

This would give you proper surround sound, with capability for Atmos and lossless audio.

Im sorry I didnt quite understand.

Would a Sonos Port work in order to connect the speakers wirelessly to the Denon Receiver? In other words connecting the Sonos Port’s audio input to the Denon’s audio output? I already have my smart projector (which is almost like a TV itself) connected to the Denon receiver (this provides both audio and video).

Thank you very much for your help and response to my question.

It is possible to use the Port to send audio to the Sonos HT system. It would be stereo only and there would be lip sync issues because the audio would lag. That would seem a shame to me and a bit of a waste of a surround setup.