Answered

Deleting music folder linked to old PC

• 4 January 2024
  • 5 replies

How do I delete an old Music Library folder that was previously linked to an old pc that is no longer?

I have no Manage area in my settings. Want to remove the songs so when I hit them to play I wont get the message that it cant find \\xxxxxxx-PC.

Using S1 App

Thanks, Brad

icon

Best answer by jgatie 4 January 2024, 18:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BradRH 

Thanks for your post!

I’m guessing you’ve already seen our Remove your music library help page, judging by your mention of not seeing “Manage”?

“Manage” is not in the settings, however - it is in the menu bar at the top of the window (the same menu bar that most Windows applications have, typically with “File”, “Edit”, “View” and so on).

If you have the Sonos app installed on your phone, you could remove the path to your old computer through it too - just follow the instructions at the top of the help page.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your suggestions. My S1 on my iPhone doesn't have Remove in Music Library in Settings.

Oh, only have the App on my iPhone. Not on any PC

There’s actually iOS/Android instruction in the link given above. Go to Settings > System > Music Library > Music Library Setup and tap the library you wish to remove. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BradRH 

If you do not see the options that @jgatie highlights, you may need to log in to your Sonos app with your Sonos account first.

If none of this helps, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.