Answered

Delay issue with turntable, analogic amplifier, Sonos Port, other Sonos One

• 21 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I hope that will be clear at all.

I’ve have some delay issue using a turntable connected to a Phono port In to an old Pioneer amplifier.
This amplifier has it’s own analogic port to a copule of passive speakers. And the music is flowing nicely.

I’ve connected also a Sonos Port to the Out port of this amplifier, because I’d like to play my vinyl trough my house, since I’ve a couple of Sonos ONE and one Sonos Beam.

The setup is working correctly, but I have some milliseconds of delay when I want to play across the all speakers at the same time, between my “analogic” room where I have the amplifier and the passive speakers, and the digital rooms.

This problem doesn’t not exists if I’m playing Spotify or other 3rd party digital services.

My configuration is working like this:

• Pioneer amplifier
    • Phono In: Turnatable
    • CD IN: CD player
    • Tuner IN: Sonos Port OUT
    • Adapt / Tape 2 OUT: Sonos Port In
  • Sonos Port
    • In → To Adapt / Tape 2 OUT
    • Out → To Tuner In
  • System configuration:
    • Sonos Port
      • Line-in: connected
        • Source name: Pioneer
        • Source lever: Level 1 (low)
        • Audio delay: 75ms
      • Line-Out
        • Line-out level: Variable

Is there any configuration that I can apply or to nullify the delay, or unify it to the same level when I use the amplifier as source?

icon

Best answer by Kumar 21 October 2022, 14:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Sonos Port analog out to Pioneer Tape In. Pioneer Tape Out to Sonos analog in. Between Source and Monitor button on the Pioneer, chose Monitor.

The delay should go with this.

Is the amplifier a hifi amp or an AV receiver? AVR receivers often have a 'direct mode that eliminates the processing delay.. 

If the key thing is to play your turntable throughout the house then you could connect the turntable to the Port 's line in. (Although you will probably also need a phono pre-amp.)

Badge

Sonos Port analog out to Pioneer Tape In. Pioneer Tape Out to Sonos analog in. Between Source and Monitor button on the Pioneer, chose Monitor.

Thanks, but I don’t have any kind of Source / Monitor button. I’ve an old Pioneer A-225. I’ve tried as you suggested, but it doesn’t work.

Badge

Is the amplifier a hifi amp or an AV receiver? AVR receivers often have a 'direct mode that eliminates the processing delay.. 

If the key thing is to play your turntable throughout the house then you could connect the turntable to the Port 's line in. (Although you will probably also need a phono pre-amp.)

Yes, I need a phono pre-amp, but since this amplifier also have CDs and tuner, I’d like also to propagate my old CD (not available on Spotify) across home.

The direct button doesn’t help, it seems that will change just the source audio level. (Please, see the image above).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks, but I don’t have any kind of Source / Monitor button. I’ve an old Pioneer A-225. I’ve tried as you suggested, but it doesn’t work.

Wouldn't the source be TAPE?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Is this just the delay causes by sonos buffering your audio? I set the buffering to max so that I can play uncompressed without dropouts. The buffering by default is much less. I prefer the one second delay to having my music interrupted, but ymmv.