Question

Dead WiFi

• 25 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I Have a stereo paired Sonos one - since January 2018. Suddenly the left speaker stopped playing, I have tryout setting them up as new pair of speakers, but the left one only works with a network kabel and not as wifi ( and it is the right wifi network ) could it be the build in wifi in the speaker that is dead

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @snojoh.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Can you try to hardwire the other speaker directly to the router or modem using an ethernet cable?

If you can see the 2 speakers in the Sonos application, kindly submit a diagnostic report.

Now if the other speaker still not showing up you should probably do a factory data reset.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

both speakers are playing but only with cable network, and I need it to be on wifi. I have submitted a diagnostic report now

I already have made a factory reset of the app, and speakers as new speakers by pressing connect and play button, 

when I cable up both, I can see both speakers in the app under products and if I pull out the ethernet cable of the right speaker it plays on but if I do the same with the left one it stops playing and app prompts that the left speaker has desaperet.

hope you can come up with a solution other than bying a new on (otherwise it will not be a Sonos)