Answered

Created second system, cannot link Amp to account

• 15 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I wanted to install a brand-new Sonos Amp in our second home. It is the first Sonos device there, so I created a new system. That worked, but in the end when the app tries to link the Amp to my account I get an error. The Amp is connected via Ethernet cable, so Wifi is not the issue. I have a managed switch and can see that the Amp is connected and has an IP adress. 

What else could be wrong? If Sonos is reading this, I created a diagnostics report with number 1218390867.

Here is the error I get:

Any advice is appreciated!

Tried again today and it still does not work. Also tried from another iOS device, same result. Another thing I tried is to add a different device, a Sonos One, but the app wants me to complete the Amp setup first. Also I cannot delete the Amp, or at least I don‘t see an option for that. 

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: combined posts

icon

Best answer by The Ninth 16 November 2023, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

OK, so had a call with Sonos. Seems that Sonos and our Unifi network infrastructure do not work well together. They sent me a few hints on how to change the network configuration, but none of them worked. Then I also found this link: 

GitHub - IngmarStein/unifi-sonos-doc: How to configure your UniFi network for Sonos

Unfortunately also the suggestions there did not really got my problem solved. However, from that document it seems the issues mostly stem from mixing Sonos components (including controllers) on WiFi and cabled Ethernet.

So I decided to move the Amp to WiFi, did a factory reset and went through the whole setup process again.

Now I got everything working, the Amp and also two Sonos One’s, all connected via WiFi.