Answered

Crackling Noise on Play 5

• 29 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Today I started hearing a crackling noise when I start playing music on my Play 5. (Sound observed when you start playing and stops a few seconds after hitting pause or stop. Sound also observed with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify). I unplugged the device which solved the issue for less than two minutes. I also reset the EQ which only fixed the crackling for a minute or two. Have had the Play 5 since 12/15/2020. First time noticing an issue. Suggestions are appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 December 2020, 20:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Thanks very much! The diagnostic number is 728150471. I will try calling support. Thanks again.

Sure thing. Be aware that so soon after/during the holidays, much less during the pandemic, there may be a delay getting to speak to someone on the phone.