Question

Connection to Apple music Lost

• 5 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, new to the forum and I’ve seen several iterations to this question.  Bottom line though is that my 4 different Sonos speakers are encountering the same problem.  I get songs that skip, and then just don’t play and I get the message: Unable to play “x” connection to Apple music lost.  What is frustrating is that I’ve spent 4 hours this week on the phone with Sonos support (the phone support is awful) and after 2+ hours last night and one disconnect from Sonos on the call, the guy told me to call my internet provider and have my router changed to “bridge mode.”  When I called my internet provider today, they told me that bridge mode is an outdated old term and take the issue up with Apple.  Folks, I made the plunge and invested big $ into my sonos system and it is now useless to me.  This problem seems to be an old one, and I recognize that there are various iterations of solving that you might need to go down, but it is frustrating not to get any answers from Sonos.  I’ve run multiple diagnostics for the support people that were on the phone with me this week, but figured I’d run it again in hopes that I might get an answer here.  The diagnostic is 312277428.  Can someone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JohnMFJr,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting the diagnostic. I'm sorry to hear that the issue with your Apple music remains unresolved after all the efforts you have done. Allow me to share some information with you.

Referring you to contact your internet provider to set your router to bridge mode happens if you have multiple routers to address performance issues and IP Address conflicts. Bridge mode fixes this by letting multiple routers share one single Wi-Fi network. How many routers do you have and can you provide us the make and model of each device for us to check hardware compatibility with Sonos?

Upon checking the diagnostic, there's an interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion or low wireless range and detected an audio dropout in your due to sync error, and playback failure. Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps you can do. 

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from your Apple music and observe.
  2. Hardwire one of your speakers to your router.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.
  3. If you have access to your router settings, below are the settings that need to be verified. You can contact your Interner Service Provider or router manufacturer for assistance.
    • The auto channel must be set to Off
    • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)
    • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz
    • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled
    • UPnP should be enabled
    • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n
    • Airtime Fairness should be disabled (if applicable)

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and submit another diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response. Please keep us posted and if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.