Skip to main content

Sonos doesn’t connect from iPhone but dies on other devices. Tried deleting app will connect on Ethernet. Wifi same and settings match Sonos.

Hi @Rocky16.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

To better understand what’s going on, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Diagnostic sent number 409731860. It works when I use Ethernet cable and other devices can connect but not my iPhone.

Hi @Rocky16.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon pulling up the report, it appears that this is a diagnostic that only contains data from a Sonos Controller without the presence of any Sonos products. Typically, it happens in the presence of a failure condition which means that the Sonos app is having trouble connecting to your Sonos products. Please see this article that provides some steps to follow to get your app reconnected to your Sonos system.

NOTE: iOS 14 introduces new app permission that needs to be enabled for the Sonos app to connect to your system. If you’ve updated to iOS 14, go to your iOS device’s Settings app, then go to Privacy > Local Network. Enable access for Sonos on this list to let the Sonos app connect.

Let us know how that goes.

I have tried all this. Sonos is saying same wifi. Ethernet connects but not wifi.

Just tried this again and it’s working! Hopefully it will work next time I log in