Answered

Connection from Sonos Port to Kin Play Mini speakers occasionally drops out

• 10 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I stream music wirelessly through my Sonos Port but I experience sound cutting out after variable periods of play (after 5 mins of listening but sometimes as long as an hour without interruption). My Port is connected to my Totem’s Kin Play Mini speakers through the two RCA cables that came with the Port unit. 
I checked my router and download speed is adequate (63 Mbps). I’ve gone tru the troubleshooting tests proposed elsewhere on this website (such as restarting the router, the Port unit and the Sonos app) to no avail.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by FrancisC 14 February 2023, 15:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @FrancisC, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There could be a few reasons the audio is cutting out, but so I can have a better look into the system to see the cause, I’d suggest waiting for the issue to occur again the submitting a diagnostics and replying here with the confirmation number.

You can also reach out to our support team for live troubleshooting.

I hope this information helps!

Badge

This is a good lesson in humility (and carefully reading the manual): the problem was simply a selector switch at the back of the speaker set to « Phono » instead of « Line ». No drop out since I selected the proper input channel.

Hope this helps whoever may encounter the same problem.

Francis