Answered

Connecting Woofer to Sonos Amp

• 6 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I just moved into a new house where there are four in ceiling speakers (two in the kitchen and two in the living room) and a Sonance woofer in the living room (VP85W). I purchased a Sonos Amp and successfully connected the four speakers and they are working great.  

Now trying to connect the woofer, since it is a passive one, I got a Nobsound G2 Pro Mono Subwoofer Amplifier and connected it as shown in the attached pictures. When I play music there’s no sound coming from the woofer. I also tried connecting the woofer through the Sonos app and it’s not finding it. What am I missing?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by buzz 6 November 2022, 16:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Check the silly stuff first. Make sure that the subwoofer wires are intact by connecting a flashlight cell to the speaker wires. The subwoofer should “thump” at the instant the connection is completed.

Make sure that the RCA plugs are fully seated.

I don’t have an AMP handy, but I seem to remember that there is a subwoofer ON/OFF option.

Make sure this Amp isn’t set up as a driver for ‘surround’ speakers, I.e bonded to a Sonos sound bar, as that also turns off the subwoofer output. Not that I think it is, but that’s a very minor possibility.