Connecting Wireless Headphones to Sonos

• 13 September 2023
  • 35 replies

Is there a way to connect wireless headphones to a Sonos system?  I have a Sonos Port, a number of Sonos speakers, only one of which has Bluetooth capability (Sonos Move).  

I recently purchased a Bluetooth transmitter (Avantree Oasis Plus) hoping i could connect it to the Sonos Port, pair my headphones to the transmitter, effectively turning my headphones into speakers.  

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Badge

Should the Arc be able to transmit the sound to the Port which, in turn, sends the sound to the connected Bluetooth transmitter which outputs the sound to wireless Bluetooth headphones?

Yes, I can actually connect the headphones directly with Bluetooth to the TV with low quality stereo

You should be able to play music through the headphones while they are connected to PORT.

Badge

The Bluetooth headphones pair with the Bluetooth transmitter but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Badge

Got it to work!  I had the Fiio set to the wrong output 🤷🏻‍♂️

You mean the wrong input? Easily done, as the BTA30 Pro defaults to USB initially.

Badge

Thank you to everyone who provided comments and suggestions!

Badge

I had the BTA output set to optical

You mean the wrong input? Easily done, as the BTA30 Pro defaults to USB initially.

i originally had the BTA30 input set for ”OPT” rather than what it should have been, “COX”.  Since both inputs are optical in signals, I confused them.

I do experience some drop outs in the audio stream but that may just to be expected with Bluetooth.  I don't know if there is any good way to improve it without physically moving the BTA30’s location.

Thank you again for your help and comments.

There seem to be a lot of people who think that the world is centered around Bluetooth -- which they find to be perfect. I find it to be frustrating at best. I use a SONY WH-1000XM4 primarily for its noise canceling feature. I’m not experiencing any dropouts with Windows 10 or my iPad, but an A/V receiver with a built-in Bluetooth capability briefly mutes every few seconds, depending on the service and how I’m using the service on the receiver. The transmitting Apps and devices are constantly fighting with each other. Windows 10 seems to be more reliable than my iPad in this respect. The A/V receiver’s Bluetooth capability is only of academic interest to me.

I do experience some drop outs in the audio stream but that may just to be expected with Bluetooth.  I don't know if there is any good way to improve it without physically moving the BTA30’s location.

Make sure the transmitter is well away from any device that uses 2.4GHz WiFi. Also, the choice of codec and quality (if using LDAC) are likely to be factors. Finally, don’t expect too much from the ‘long range’ description. Walls and floors will attenuate the signal significantly. 

Badge

You mean the wrong input? Easily done, as the BTA30 Pro defaults to USB 

Yes, wrong input to the BTA30.  Thank you for the catch.  It’s been a long night…..😊