Skip to main content

HI!

I CAN USE 4 SPEAKERS OF 8 OHMS EACH MAKING IMPEDANCE MARRIAGE IN 2 OHMS AND ONLY PLUG IN ONE AMP CHANNEL?

I ALSO HAVE 4 SPEAKERS OF 4 OHMS EACH, I WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT EACH PAIR IN PARALLEL (2 OHMS) USING THE TWO CHANNELS OF THE AMP. I CAN DO THIS?

THANKS

Hi @pfskaf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m not 100% sure that I know exactly what you mean, but you can connect up to 4 speakers to Amp if they are 8 Ohm each. If they are 4 Ohm each, you can only connect 2 in total. If you were only to connect half of the speakers in each case - and only utilise one channel - that wouldn’t be a problem. You should activate Dual Mono mode if you do so, though.

Dual Mono mode

Connect four speakers to your Amp or Connect:Amp

I hope this helps.

Good Morning

I want to connect 2 speakers of 4 Ohms each in parallel (2 Ohms). If I leave it in mono can I do this without burning the amp output? I know I'll need to limit the volume so I don't pop the speakers!

Thanks

Hi @pfskaf 

To clarify, if the speakers are 4 Ohms then you can only connect 1 speaker to each channel - one pair in total. 

Can it damage the Sonos Amp with 2 Ohms on the channel?

Although the AMP may not shut down or burn up the instant you connect the 2-Ohm load, over the long term AMP will run hotter than designed and its long term reliability will be compromised.