Answered

Connect & Yamaha RX-V4600 Latency Problem

• 18 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have an older Yamaha receiver, RX-V4600 with a Connect as line out in a system consisting of 3, Play:1’s, and a Port. 

The Connect with the Yamaha receiver is behind all the other music sources. I found an older thread saying to turn off audio processing on the Yamaha. The owner’s manual gives me no way to do that other than a feature called “Pure Direct” which is supposed to bypass decoders and processors. 

I have enabled this feature and the latency is still present.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 20 February 2023, 05:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try setting the Yamaha to direct sound, the internal audio “enhancement” electronics add the delay you are hearing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Try setting the Yamaha to direct sound, the internal audio “enhancement” electronics add the delay you are hearing.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as I indicated, I enabled the “pure direct” feature, but the latency did not resolve. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I missed that, it fixes the Yamaha sound being delayed when the source is Sonos, not the Sonos delay when the Yamaha is the source.

I don’t have my Yamaha or a Connect to try this on but what happens if you send the music from your Yamaha to the Connect (using the tape out) but then set the Yamaha (in direct mode) to use the tape monitor (coming from the Connect) as the source?

There is some built-in Sonos latency to allow for networking operations. Maybe this would work around it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Okay, I’m not quite following your logic but I can try tape out to the receiver. 
Thanks again.