Answered

Connect not connecting

• 17 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I’ve tried wired and wireless but the sonos app does not connect to my Connect. I’m not sure if it is a clue but the LED on the front of the box is solid white all the time. I have tried doing a factory reset and have reset my router but nothing has changed? Can anybody help??

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 February 2023, 11:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Connect could be S1 only. What app are you using? S1 or S2?

I’ve been using S2 but S1 says the device is incompatible 😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ScumSpawn 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Did the light on your Connect stay solid white even when you attempt factory-reset it? If so, then I’m afraid it probably has a fault.

Otherwise, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry P

Thanks for your response. I did try to contact the support team but with zero success. Is there a trick to this?

Yes, the light does stay solid white almost regardless of what I do (i think I saw it flick to amber for a second once). Weirdly, I can see the device on the network so it sort of looks like it should work

Maybe there is an issue with the button. If so, you can sometimes (sort of) rehab a button with multiple presses..

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ScumSpawn 

A very good point from @buzz - If the unit still appears on the network but you are unable to reset it, then it could just be a faulty button, but it may also have further issues (and it does seem that way). For example, it’s possible the radio or ethernet interface could be responding enough to register in the router’s client list, but that the speaker’s software isn’t able to run.

I did try to contact the support team but with zero success. Is there a trick to this?

If contacting by online chat, patience may be the key - when the virtual chat assistant says it’s “putting you in touch with an agent”, it means you are going into a queue, not that you are about to chat with someone immediately. When calling in by phone, it should be simple enough. In either case, I recommend getting in touch by about 4pm at the latest, so there’s time enough to both queue and troubleshoot. If memory serves, late morning/early afternoon tended to be the quiet period.

Though if you meant “is there a trick to resetting,” please follow the instructions on Reset your Sonos product.

If you unplug the unit from power, then plug it back in again, does it flash white for about a minute, then go solid white? If so, this is normal. If it goes to solid white immediately, and stays that way, the unit has a hardware fault - in which case I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team to look into your replacement options (there will be a discount available).

I hope this helps.