Answered

Connect:Amps keep dropping out

• 8 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi! The Sonos system at my parents house is giving them a lot of trouble. They have a fairly big system, consisting of two Play:1 zones, two One zones, two Connect:Amp zones, and one Playbar zone. Each zone consists of a standalone speaker, with no stereo pairing or Subs involved. 

In particular, the Connect:Amp devices are intermittently dropping audio for about 5 to 10 seconds at a time, several times a day. Sometimes the audio in these zones stop altogether and they need to power the devices off and on to get them working. The problem only exhibits itself when listening to live radio via BBC Sounds or TuneIn. They haven’t had any issues when listening to Spotify or Apple Music, but they mostly listen to live radio so they can’t say for sure whether other services would be impacted if they used them more often. 

They previously had a Sonosnet connection using a BOOST wired to their BT Smarthub 2 router and had similar issues. I switched them over to WiFi and it has made very little difference. I’ve just left them on WiFi as this seems to be the preferred connection method these days. 

The connection to the devices giving them trouble seems to be pretty decent, with the kitchen Connect:Amp reporting an SNR of 42dB, and the bathroom Connect:Amp reporting an SNR of 55dB.

I’ve generated a few diagnostics reports shortly after the connection drops occurred. On these occasions it was the Kitchen zone causing problems. The codes are 573655899, 1267690267, and 2112182373. Any help would be much appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 January 2024, 19:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I understand that Sonos are currently investigating the drop-out issue with some Connect:Amps, so it maybe best to use your existing system diagnostic report references and then to actually contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK