Skip to main content

I have a Connect: Amp S2 and it drops connection every few days.  It’s about 10 feet from the Wifi access point.  I’ve rebooted it a few times.  

Thanks for any help.

are you using the access point that was provided by your internet service provider?

if yes:

try using rj45 cable as a direct connection to the connect amp.
if it doesn’t solve the problem, try resetting the connect:amp

1. Unplug the power cord.

2.  press and hold the Play/Pause button unnamed image,  while you reconnect the power cord.

3. Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.

4. The light will flash green when the process is complete and the product is ready to be set up.

It’s a Unifi system that I set up.  Multiple Wifi APs throughout the house.  I can try resetting it but I just set it up a few days ago.  

It’s a Unifi system that I set up.  Multiple Wifi APs throughout the house.  I can try resetting it but I just set it up a few days ago.  

that setup is not compatible with the sonos system, it might or it might not work at all, a wifi mesh is recommended.

Why wouldn’t a wifi access point be compatible?  It broadcasts the signal like any other wifi router, mesh, etc.  All the Sonos should need is the Wifi signal.  

I did a little more research.  It’s not incompatible, it just requires some tweaking it appears.

They typically create separate WI-FI networks, each with its own network name and channel. However, having multiple WI-FI networks can cause issues with Sonos system due to the way they establish and maintain connections. Sonos devices may have difficulty connecting to each other because they may connect to different access points with varying signal strengths. This can lead to synchronization problems, audio dropouts, or even devices not being recognized within the sonos system.