Answered

connect amp dropping out often

• 10 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

So recently I’ve noticed my connect amp appears to be dropping out regularly and consistently. Can support tell if the connect amp is faulty or it’s some other issue via diagnostics?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 January 2024, 23:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging the Connect:Amp from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router?

Badge +1

I’ve powered off the connect amp a couple of times. Doesn’t help. Didn’t reboot router since every other Sonos product seems to be working without dropouts. 

Yes, assuming you submit a diagnostic within around 10 minutes of the occurrence. Of course, then you need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They don’t automatically read them and contact you, unfortunately. 

By the way, one device working shouldn’t negate what @GuitarSuperstar suggested. That process might clean up a duplicate IP address. 

Badge +1

Thanks both of you. In fact resetting the network did seem to fix the issue. Not sure why just the Connect component was struggling. As you maybe an IP address issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Sid-Hartha 

There is another thread running which shows that there is a firmware issue for connect amps running S2. 

Your reboot will most likely be a temporary fix and the problem will recur in time. 

The only permanent fix at present is to roll back your system to S1 while Sonos figures out how to fix whatever it is they’ve broken in S2. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23