Answered

Connect AMP dropouts:Network Matrix Review

• 14 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello All and thanks in advance for the assistance.

I’m struggling with frequent audio dropouts on my Connect: AMP. I’m aware of the other threads and a potential (albeit poorly communicated) fix from Sonos that is on the horizon.  In advance of any fix, I’d like to configure the system as well as possible.

My Playbar is connected via network cable to my router and all other devices are connected over ethernet. So far I’ve assigned a static IP to all my devices.

Could I have some feedback on which channel I should select for Sonosnet based on these network matrix comparisons? I’ll confess that I am a bit confused on how to read it:

JD

icon

Best answer by buzz 15 February 2024, 15:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Channel 1 is best for the units shown, but the network matrix is mostly used for reporting wireless conditions. Since all of your units are wired and it’s only useful for units using SonosNet, not WiFi, the network matrix is not very useful for you. The network matrix is also deprecated at this point. The newest units do not report their data here.

Channel 1 is best for the units shown, but the network matrix is mostly used for reporting wireless conditions. Since all of your units are wired and it’s only useful for units using SonosNet, not WiFi, the network matrix is not very useful for you. The network matrix is also deprecated at this point. The newest units do not report their data here.

Buzz,

Thanks for the reply! I mistyped my original post. Only the Playbar is connected via ethernet directly to my router. The other devices are wirelessly connected.

The image is too blurred for me to make much comment. Colored cells are currently using SonosNet, red cells are attempting to attract your attention.

If you are on version 16 of S2, that is all there is in terms of a fix for your Connect Amps at present, IF they are being affected by the reasons for which there is a fix.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I put mine on a smart switch which switches them off for a few hours in the night.  Not ideal and I’m irritated in having to do it, but works a treat.

If you are on version 16 of S2, that is all there is in terms of a fix for your Connect Amps at present, IF they are being affected by the reasons for which there is a fix.

@Kumar, I did not know that and will continue to dig.

@buzz here is a better version of my network matrix. I’m going to work with tech support to see if we can figure out what is going on. 

Nothing jumps out as being a show stopper. The Livingroom ODFM is a little high. ODFM range is 0-9, 0 is best. Note that this is a static view. It’s not very useful to discover transient interference. Refresh to view current conditions. If you can move WiFi devices farther away from the Livingroom unit, ODFM might improve. Maybe you could wire additional units.