connect:amp cannot play loud

• 15 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

My connect:amp 1 gen cannot play loud from my Bower & Wilkins speakers. Neither inputs from my LG TV nor Spotify can play loud when to volume control is at its max in the app. The app is set at level10 but the through put is still not high volume at it’s max. Anyone?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Which speakers?

How efficient are they?

Do you have the Sonos volume limiter set?

More questions:

Spotify also has its own volume control in the app, so that may be dialled down?

And, if you have tried this already, do any other amps of 50 wpc get the same speakers with the same source to go much louder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Make sure its a Connect:Amp and not a Connect: if you wire a Connect to a speaker, you will get very quiet audio at max volume. (cf. my embarrassing thread on this last month).

Userlevel 2

Which speakers?

How efficient are they?

Bowlers & Wilkins DM686, should be okay efficient

no Sonos volume  limiter set

Badge +20

Which speakers?

How efficient are they?

Bowlers & Wilkins DM686, should be okay efficient

no Sonos volume  limiter set

84dB is quite inefficient actually and the Connect:amp is only 55w per channel into 8 ohms. 

I would double check that the polarity is correct and there are no stray (fine) speaker wires touching where they should not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d agree 84dB and 55 Watts isn’t going to play very loud, and if pushed is going to sound pretty bad.

BW recommends 100 Watts in the user’s manual.