Answered

Coinect Apple TV 4K to Sonos One Speakers

• 28 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I want to output the audio from my Samsung Frame TVs to 2 x Sonos ones in stereo. Is that possible?, I can’t use a playbar due to the way the frame is setup but is it possible with a connect amp?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 December 2020, 06:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Are you trying to send the audio signal from the TV set, or the Apple TV?

You should be able to use AirPlay 2 to send a stereo signal from the Apple TV to the Sonos Ones. But the CONNECT:AMP isn’t an AirPlay 2 capable device. 

If the TV has an analog output, you could connect that to the analog input on the CONNECT:AMP, but you’d have the normal 75ms delay. You’d be better off with the Sonos Amp, and a pair of your own speakers. The Sonos Amp does have an ARC input, designed for use with TV sets, the CONNECT: AMP does not. 

Thanks a lot. The 75ms delay definitely wouldn’t work. Sounds like I need to look at a Sonos Amp - I already have 2. The frame TV is interesting in that every single output is from a “box” connected to the TV by a fibre optic cable