Answered

Cant get all my speakers to connect

• 20 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I have the Sonos beam, and was using two play 1's for surround. Bought two Ikea symponisk book shelf speakers to add to the system. Got them to connect and finally play audio from the tv, but they would not sync with volume controls. Been at it for hours now. Removed the play ones and was able to get the Ikea ones to be the rears to the beam, but now I can't get the play ones to reconnect. Also can not get or find true play to tune the speakers. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this. Looked at YouTube and non of the things they do show up on the S2 app. 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 20 December 2020, 19:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are any units wired to your network? Temporarily wire the PLAY:1’s to your network.

For Trueplay, go to Settings → System → [room name] → Trueplay on your iPhone/iPad.

None are wired all wireless. Had to create groups then connect them that way to get any audio through the play ones, but volume control is not synced with the rest. Trying to use Andriod maybe that's the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can’t have more than two surrounds in a room. So the Play:1’s or the Symfonisks have to form another room. If you have them in another room and group them, they will have a delay when you play TV audio on the surround system - Sonos needs it for buffering.

Well that sucks. And here I thought I could add more that just two speakers and a sub. Wish the would have made that clearer. Thanks 106rallye

If you Group another room with the TV audio in the surround room there may be a time skew between the two rooms. If you adjust the Lip Sync in the surround system, you can align audio between the two Rooms, but potentially at the expense of TV Lip Sync.