Skip to main content
Question

Cant find Autoplay setting for Port

Hi, since the new S2 App I can not find Autoplay for line in, I have a Amp and Port that was set for Audio Input autoplay to certain zones, can not find that feature

18 replies

Userlevel 1

AutoPlay was removed from the lates Sonos App.

I’m also using a Sonos setup as my main audio driver for my Desktop Computer and seeing that there is no official response from Sonos about the latest app issues, I decided to implement my own AutoPlay functionality (literally built in about 1 hour of tinkering). 

It monitors for audio playback and when it is detected, it automatically switches to my Line-In port on my office Sonos system and starts playback, even if I’m already playing on the office system from another source (AirPlay, another group, etc) - it basically takes over and plays my computer audio.

Other than taking the harder route of implementing something yourself, you’ll have to wait for Sonos to fix this debacle of a release… 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, Lucky enough my partner has the old app on her phone, not signed in, I have used this to enable Autoplay on the devices I need it

Incredibly frustrating for them to remove features like this with no warning. Especially since now so much of Sonos’s own articles are now out of date.

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. I literally bought a CD player and Port last month so my wife and daughter could pop in a CD, hit the play button, and have it streamed to the living room speakers. It was working fine until the update. The option has disappeared and now they can’t use it because they don’t have the apps (and I’m not giving my daughter a smartphone)

We need this option to be brought back to the app. It’s concerning it isn’t even on the roadmap AFAICT.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here.  Turntable that I used to just drop the needle on and off we go.   No longer.  Sonos has dropped an absolute clanger with this release.  As far as I can tell, just to support their new headphones which I was going to buy until I realised they weren't even Wi-Fi so didn't integrate with my existing sonos ecosystem.  I then listened to them and whilst they looked and felt premium, the sound was not particularly open or spatial.  I bought a pair of Sony XM5s instead.

No idea what's going on with that company at the moment but none of it is good. 

Assuming still nothing from the company on this one?  Very frustrating.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well, it's reappeared and seems to be working on my app now…

Settings \ Sonos Port \ Autoplay... 

Userlevel 1

Well, it's reappeared and seems to be working on my app now…

Settings \ Sonos Port \ Autoplay... 

iOS or Android? Can you post a screenshot?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Android…

Userlevel 2
Badge

There’s still no auto play for me on the latest iOS. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well that sucks and blows in equal measures.

Hopefully it'll be along soon. 

New app is still crap though. 

Counter intuitive. 

I still have problems doing just the basics. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the screenshot. So it hasn’t made it into the iOS app yet. Still, good to know it’s on the way (back)

Userlevel 1

Checked today and it’s back in IOS app. Phew!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Glad it's back. 

Now if they could just sort out the part where you search for an artist, it brings up a playlist, and then actually plays the whole list rather than just the first song, that might also be a step in the right direction... 

Userlevel 3

I assume we’re no closer to Autoplay for Port on IOS yet? I am sure on the old S2 App it used to be within Port’s settings to Autoplay to another device or stereo pair.

Userlevel 3

I assume we’re no closer to Autoplay for Port on IOS yet? I am sure on the old S2 App it used to be within Port’s settings to Autoplay to another device or stereo pair.

Ignore me, I was expecting Autoplay with just RCA out and streaming. Grouping would be the logical option here I guess.