Answered

Cannot link sonos speakers

• 9 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I have the 5.1 system with the play bar. Something happened a few weeks ago where all 4 speakers got removed from the stream app. They were there before. I've controlled them multiple times. Or at least I remember doing it.

Im trying to add them back in. I reset one of them. That seems to get it back in the app, but it couldn't be linked. Sonos can't seem to find any of those speakers unless I reset them.

I think the problem might be that its trying to re-register the product, but its already registered. I have the same account. Same wifi. Everything is the same. The speakers just disconnected for some reason. Is there something I can do to unregister or import these speakers?

Before you ask. I've rebooted everything multiple times. Sonos app is ignoring those speakers I haven't attempted to reset.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 January 2021, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

By the ‘stream App’ are you referring to the Sonos controller App S1 or S2? - if yes and you ‘factory reset’ your device, which device was reset and do you recall if you setup/created a new Sonos system or chose to connect to the ‘existing’ system?

S2 app. And yes. I did a factory reset. I didn't create a new system. I added to existing.

Okay thanks, maybe try ‘temporarily’ wiring the Sonos playbar to the router and rebooting your other players, one at a time.

When they reappear (hopefully) in the App, just goto "Settings/system/network/wireless setup” and re-enter the 2.4Ghz WiFi credentials and see then if any of the speakers drop their connection when you unwire the Playbar.

Shoot. That was basically it. Something happened to the access control on my router and was blocking the play bar and one of the other speakers at least. I think this is resolved now thanks! I feel like an idiot.

Ah good to hear you got them working.👍