Can not factor reset a playbase

• 5 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I followed the instructions from here; https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US.  (unplug, hold play/pause button, plug-in, hold until orange-white blinking)

The light went through various speed of blinking / fading, and then turned off, after about 5 minutes of holding down the play button.  It did not flash orange and white.  I tried this many times, with long periods of no power.

An earlier troubleshooting conversation here:

suggests that the playbase has a Connect button, but does not explain where.  The support comment says to look at the page referenced above and to “See pictures (click the inserts) for the location of the Connect Button.”  I don’t see any pictures on page and don’t know what “inserts” are.  I don’t see any clickable links.  Does Playbase have a Connect button?  Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The Playbase Join button is shown here (see attached) - power off and hold the join button and power on again… let go the button when its status LED begins to flash Amber.

Please kindly note however if you are not selling the device on, that factory resetting any Sonos device is usually a very last-resort thing and (if relevant), I would suggest speaking with Sonos Customer Care, or perhaps the community users here, that’s if you do have any problems with the device, before doing such a reset.

Anyhow I hope that assists.

I dont think your drawing is correct.  There is no button inside the back opening.  There are three ports: power, cat5, optical.  Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

On mine, it’s central on the left side panel as you look from the front. 

Ah sorry then, that’s just my mistake, I’m sure nik9669a is correct, I took that from a user-manual I saw online, but the reset procedure is the same as I mentioned.

Here is an image showing where the Playbase join button is, just in case anyone else may need the info at some stage. I’ve deleted the earlier image.