Can I get support or are these problems being swept under the rug?

• 22 October 2022
  • 2 replies

My posts keep being deleted without answer.  Is this company just pretending there’s no problem when a quick visit to the Google Play Store shows you 1 star review after 1 star review of people saying Sonos products are now useless paperweights?

Can I even get some help with my FOUR $200 SL One devices that don’t work at all?  The phone app simply forgets they exist and then it’s back to factory resets to add them again.  Again and again.  The app is unstable rendering Sonos products unusable.

Will this post also be deleted before posting?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Angry_Customer9747828282 

It seems our spam filter is seeing the string of numbers at the end of your username as suspiciously like a phone number. If you remove these, your posts shouldn’t be deleted.

As for the issue your report, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. It sounds like some network re-configuration is needed.

I hope this helps.

My posts keep being deleted without answer.  Is this company just pretending there’s no problem when a quick visit to the Google Play Store shows you 1 star review after 1 star review of people saying Sonos products are now useless paperweights?

Can I even get some help with my FOUR $200 SL One devices that don’t work at all?  The phone app simply forgets they exist and then it’s back to factory resets to add them again.  Again and again.  The app is unstable rendering Sonos products unusable.

Will this post also be deleted before posting?

First of all, stop factory resetting.  It does nothing to solve the problem that a reboot would not do, and it erases valuable diagnostic information.  

Second, you have the classic symptoms of duplicate IP addresses.  These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device.  To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.  Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup.  See your router manual for details.