Skip to main content

Evening all. I should be seeing this but I’ve gone Sonos blind :-)

We have a home office that we’ve added a kids gaming environment to. There is a Port in there that currently feeds a large old Pioneer AVR to an outside surround system. It’s used in the Summer a bit but the rest of the year just sits there in really. 

I’m wondering if I can switch the Port O/P to either a) the Pioneer and/or b) a small Sony 5.1 system in the Office? But I cannot quite get my head round it. I guess some form of RCA switch?

The 5.1 is used with an optical feed from a PS4 and an Xbox and works fine. I don’t need the 5.1 for the Sonos, just a vehicle to output music and audio books etc.

Would appreciate any clarity or explanations what would work please. I’m just not quite piecing it together …. age I think ! :-) 

Many thanks in advance

What does O/P mean?

The Port’s analog line level output can be sent to any device that supports it. That certainly includes a A/B switch, and the line ins on any other amplifier.

What does O/P mean?

The Port’s analog line level output can be sent to any device that supports it. That certainly includes a A/B switch, and the line ins on any other amplifier.

O/P = output Airgetlam. …..Apols my shorthand.

Brilliant so as you say, a simple A/B switch would solve the need. That saves me a little investment that would be hard to make right now.

Many thanks for the clarity. Appreciated