Answered

buzzing noise from play 1

• 29 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi, I posted this a year ago, and was asked to submit diagnostics:

“I have 4 play:1 speakers set up as two stereo pairs in different rooms. One of the units has started putting out a 1-2 second buzzing or whirring noise while not in use. I am having a quiet afternoon watching cricket and football and have heard the noise 4 times. Unplugging and restarting makes no difference.”

However, the noise went away so I did not submit. Today I have been sat next to the speaker and heard it maybe a dozen times while no part of my sonos system is actually in use. It is the LH speaker of a stereo pair connected to a Beam. Can I submit a diagnostic?

thanks, Alan

icon

Best answer by Sebastien D. 15 May 2020, 19:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Yes, you certainly should. 

Badge

Ok, have submitted a diagnostic. The reference is 1018761869.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings @apbliv ,

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, the diagnostic failed to load the information I needed, would mind sending it again?

Badge

Thanks. The confirmation number is: 131219124.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Perfect! Now perhaps try to separate your Play: 1’s from a stereo pair and factory reset the unit that is experiencing the buzzing noise back to default. Once it is setup again let me know if the buzzing continues. 

Badge

Ok. I had to reset both of them in the end, but now have them setup with the beam. Hopefully all will be good now. If not, then I will be back.

thanks, Alan.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

No problem at all Alan. Let me know what happens!

I’m having this same issue. We’ve had our system for about 4 years now and has always worked perfectly until recently when this intermittent buzzing noise starts in just one zone. Sometimes the buzz happens even when we’re not using it - it just starts, goes for awhile and then stops. It’s really strange.

I quickly recorded a vid of the sound, but I can’t seem to upload it.