F.A.Q.

BT Smart Hub 2 - Connection Issues (April 2021)

BT Smart Hub 2 - Connection Issues (April 2021)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

261 replies

So, my comment 5 posts ago was a bit premature^ after only just having received the update, 4 days later and everything now works, all the time.  The new firmware does fix the issue but there may be some short term issues before it settles down.

Got the new updated firmware three days ago, Sonos working as it should ,thank god

was really getting pissed off rebooting the smart hub, cheers by.

Has been fine for a couple of years

Last month - started dropping music.

Firmware reported: v0.26.04.04227-BT

Smart setup turned off

Still dropping music :(

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/2-4GHZ-and-5GHZ-Bands-BT-Smart-Hub-2/td-p/1907547/page/75

Take a look at this link. Many people having connection issues with smart hub 2

Anybody got an update?  Supposedly a fix was due before end of May but not forthcoming yet - v0.26.04.04227-BT has not fixed the problem.

Anybody got an update?  Supposedly a fix was due before end of May but not forthcoming yet - v0.26.04.04227-BT has not fixed the problem.

Does the 7th May update mentioned at the very start of this thread not work? - it says to contact BT via the link and they will fix things remotely?  

Does the 7th May update mentioned at the very start of this thread not work? - it says to contact BT via the link and they will fix things remotely?  

Talked to them several times - doesn’t really get fixed - they install firmware v0.26.04.04227-BT and it doesn’t fix things, in fact, makes things worse and wifi has become more unstable.  The only fix at the moment is to turn off 5ghz.

Badge +1

My v0.26.04.04227-BT update says 20th May. But I’m sure it’s not stable? I can tell using my device list in Airplay IOS usually there’s 8 but when it’s playing up only 3? Seems to be intermittent. Without 5ghz streaming video is ver wobbly & annoying. BT should give us a refund! 

Badge +1

As of today: BT admit they haven’t solved the issue and have no idea when it will be resolved. I suspect they’re drawing it out till the launch of Smart Hub 3 in a couple of months. I’m pressing them for a refund as my Wifi performance is well below what their adverting promises.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

My v0.26.04.04227-BT update says 20th May. But I’m sure it’s not stable? I can tell using my device list in Airplay IOS usually there’s 8 but when it’s playing up only 3? Seems to be intermittent. Without 5ghz streaming video is ver wobbly & annoying. BT should give us a refund! 

I was having problems before the dodgy update, especially with Airplay. It was worse after that update,  and now is back to like it was before the dodgy update. So Sonos rooms disappear occasionally and Airplay is still useless most of the time. 

Badge +1

I was having problems before the dodgy update, especially with Airplay. It was worse after that update,  and now is back to like it was before the dodgy update. So Sonos rooms disappear occasionally and Airplay is still useless most of the time. 

It hasn't changed as far as I’m concerned. They keep logging my complaints then closing them down. The last advisor told me to formally write to their HQ. They’ve been instructed to close down complaints they can’t do anything about! They guarantee speeds, Broadband & WiFi, so we should be refunded for only having 2.4ghz available. 

Badge +17

Hi everyone,

BT have confirmed that the firmware update that contains a fix for this original issue has been rolled out to the majority of users. Therefore, we can consider this issue closed, and I’ll be closing out this topic. 

If your BT Smart Hub 2 router is still running the affected firmware (V0.26.03.01286) then please get in touch with BT directly.

Anyone that still experiences issues on the latest firmware, please create a new topic or get in touch with Sonos Customer Care.