Boost made things worse somehow

• 2 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I picked up a Boost to replace my Play:3 I had wired into my router. I don’t need a speaker in the room my router is in, so I figured I’d buy the one thing that is designed specifically to create a strong Sonosnet network.

Well, it’s horrible. It can’t handle the audio from my turntable for more than 5 seconds without crapping out.

Previously with the Play:3 connected to the router, I got zero drop outs, even while sending the audio to all 6 speakers throughout the house. Rock solid.

The boost was in the exact same place the Play:3 was when testing it.

What am I missing here?

For the record my system is:

Turntable audio into a Port. Play:3 Ethernet to router. Then I have a Play:5 gen 2 one room away, paired Play:1s two rooms away, a Move about the same distance, and then a Play:1 all the way at the end of the house. No dropouts anywhere when the Play:3 is wired. 

Diagnostic code: 1808594896

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

While waiting for support to look at the diagnostic you could look at your Network Matrix and see if you see any issues there.