Answered

Best Fit for a TheaterRoom Setup

• 4 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to setup my Theater room where my 98% of usage will be of watching movies and rather than going with a traditional setup wondering if i could do away with Sonos Arch + Sub + anything else (I am looking for surround sound more than Atmos) as most of the streaming services only support surround sound for now.

Planning to setup a Screen size of 135 - 150 in Projector screen 

Will I need a AC Receiver If i have to use a sonos with a Epson 3800/4400/5050B ?

My room is going to be a closed room with dimensions 14 x 19 x 11.

Will Sonos Arc and Sub version 3 work with this size of a room ?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 4 December 2023, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

For a room that size, an Arc, Sub, and surround speakers will work great. And there is plenty of Dolby Atmos content available on Netflix, Apple TV+, and Disney+. There is also a lot of music available in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music and Amazon Music Unlimited. So I would go with a pair of Era 300s as surrounds with the Arc and Sub.

You do not need a receiver. But be sure to get a projector that is equipped with HDMI ARC. Ideally, it should be equipped with HDMI eARC especially if you plan on connecting any streaming devices or a gaming console to the projector.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d also really lean to adding a pair of Era 300s as surrounds if you can properly place them.

A step down, Era 100s might be easier to fit in, but not as a first choice.