Skip to main content

Hi all, first post so go easy.

Got a strange one with my Beam connected to 2021 LG CX tv via HDMI arc , 

Setup goes fine and all works ok until the TV gets powered off at the wall socket then I loose the sound completely from the tv, The tv is still set to output sound via the HDMI arc and the Beam will play/stream from other sources fine but refuses point blank to play tv sound.

The only way to get it back is to do a full factory reset from the TV and all good again until you turn off the tv at the wall again, if i leave the tv in standby it’ll stay connected.

Thought maybe something weird with the tv so tested the Beam with my 2017 Samsung 8000 series tv and yet again exactly the same problem, all ok until tv powered off at the wall!

When this happens the Sonos app sees there is a problem and offers to fix it but can’t so any ideas greatly appreciated.

For the record I have it set up via the optical output of the tv for now and that stays connected fine.

Do you have a different HDMI cable you can try?

Yes I have several but used a different one with the Samsung tv anyway as the supplied one that came with the Beam was routed through my cable tidy on the tv stand.

It’s quite probably another HDMI-CEC device wired to the TV which is confusing things.

The Samsung didn't have anything else connected though, just the tv receiving freesat on its built in receiver, I'd also removed everything but sky Q on the LG, can't understand why everything works perfectly when you do a factory reset but as soon as you power down the tv at the wall neither works again after that.

If it works okay with the optical adapter it’s very likely to have been a CEC issue.