Aventage RX-A6A with Connect problem

• 30 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Port wired to my Yamaha RX-A6A using RCA connections. The sound out of stereo speakers is loud clicking with no music. I have numerous ones, a sub, two Era 300 speakers and two ports streaming music to my porch and garden in my system that work very well. I have just discarded the 7.2 channel system in my living room as the sound is unbearable. It would be nice to be able to play streaming music on Yamaha receiver. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Apologies for the obvious questions:

The Yamaha is connected to the Port’s outputs, not its inputs?

Have you tried swapping that Port with one of your other ones?

Have you tried verifying the Yamaha’s inputs, even if it’s just with a 3.5mm-to-RCA from say a phone’s headphone jack?

Badge

Yes to all. My music always skipped when playing on the receiver. I finally threw up my hands and added two Era 300 to my living room to replace music from my receiver. As soon as I added the Era speakers all I got from receiver was clicking. 

My music always skipped when playing on the receiver.

So the wired connections are okay, but it sounds like the Port was suffering from wireless issues (signal strength and/or interference).

I finally threw up my hands and added two Era 300 to my living room to replace music from my receiver. As soon as I added the Era speakers all I got from receiver was clicking. 

Unless one of the Eras is right beside the Port it’s hard to see how the latter’s signal could be impacted. You’d best submit a system diagnostic, note the confirmation number and contact Sonos Support.