Question

Audio skipping and stopping from multiple sources.

• 4 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there, 

I'm a long time Sonos user, however recently we've been expericing serious issues with audio skipping and stopping. 

There's no obvious correlation on source or media type, as it skips whether playing from Sonos app, YouTube music, Alexa and Google Home. 

Some times music will play completely fine, and other times it will skip after like 15-20 seconds.

From a setup pov, I've got a mix of Sonos Play:3 and Symfonisk bookshelf speakers, all connected via WiFi. 

Home WiFi is a Ubiquiti Unifi network, with 2 AP's and a USG Pro gateway. Internet is an 80/20mbps FTTC service, which isn't heavily loaded. 

I've just generate a support diagnostics, reference is 1595664835

I've checked for firmware updates etc, but all showing as upto date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

Gavin 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @fatmcgav, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about what's happening to your Sonos system and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your system. Upon checking, there are some interference and audio dropouts that are detected that may be causing this issue. Kindly check this article about reducing wireless interference and Audio dropouts on Sonos for further troubleshooting steps. You may also try to do a reboot of the network and your Sonos speakers, unplug it from the power source for 1-2 minutes and replug it back in.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Simon B

Thanks for the quick response. 

I'll give that a go and report back.. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @fatmcgav, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.