Audible suddenly stopped playing on Sonos

• 19 December 2021
  • 22 replies

I was listening to Audible all morning over my Sonos and it suddenly disconnected. I went to reconnect and am getting a modal saying, “This content is not currently available to be played on Sonos.” I’ve literally never had an issue playing Audible over my Sonos. What gives? What changed? Zero help from any support from Sonos. Extremely disappointed right now. 

22 replies

Userlevel 7

There might have been a temporary outage with Audible. Have you tried removing Audible from the Sonos app and re-adding it or rebooting your phone? You might also try unplugging your Sonos speaker from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router.

Audible has never been added to my Sonos app.

I’ve restarted my phone. No change.

Unplugged my Sonos speakers for a minute or so and plugged them back in. No change.

Rebooted my router. No change. 

Userlevel 7

Do you get the same message with all content from Audible or just specific content?

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the Audible app?

Audible is currently working here for me - if not tried already, maybe try a reboot of the local router to see if that perhaps sorts it.

I am having the same problem but its only for some books not all.

Reinstalling Audible and Sonos did not fix it.

Mines not working! I’ve tried updating my iPhone, the Sonos app and the audible app. It’s driving me insane! I feel like giving up on my sonos system. HELP?????

This is also happening for me, and the only thread that comes up on a Google search is this one. I get it both on my home network and at work, so it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the local network more the device (Audible on iPhone). At home at least I can use Airplay as an alternative but at work I’m on a Play:3 without such support.

I am not able to play my podcast through Audible and then through my Sonos. I have done this forever until yesterday it simply stopped working and said this contact cannot is not available on Sonos.  Warwick Schiller journey on podcast.

You cannot use the House device listed you have to go through Airplay and Bluetooth Devices and select which Sonos speakers you are trying to connect to. I have been able to listed to Audiobooks no problem  

Me too.  Yet another problem with Sonos.  I see nobody has taken the time to research this. 

I’m having same problem. Is there any sort of fix for this that someone’s found?

Badge

I’m having same problem. Is there any sort of fix for this that someone’s found?

Same here. Any suggestions?

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. 

Badge

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. 

On the phone now with them. Not having much luck  will report back  

Badge

47 minutes later and still no solution. They directed me to Audible customer support. 

That’s always a possibility. Sonos isn’t involved until the content reaches your system. The server that Sonos reaches out to is Audible’s. 

And just in case you were wondering, Amazon (Audible) has a different server that they use for Sonos than they use for the application on your device. So it is a false economy to say “it works here, but not there”, since the source is two different places. 

Same thing happened to me this morning, but I got it working. I just had to add Audible in the Sonos app. Still doesn’t work when I start with the Audible app & Connect to device, but it works just fine if I start with the Sonos app and select Audible. 

Bravo Christy S! Your approach worked for me🙏👍

What a total hobswaggled goat rodeo! I hope they never try to enter the consumer market!

Audible is not available on Sonos. Information provided by Sonos to connect is wrong. Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Audible is not available on Sonos. Information provided by Sonos to connect is wrong. Very frustrating. 

It is normally available, but today when I try to play it, I get the message “Audible is experiencing a full outage”. So seems like a temp error - hopefully. It was working just last Sunday for me so let’s hope it’s fixed soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

*edit to the above* - I can now see the note on this site about the Outage.

S2 is such a step back when viewed from my position. It’s very buggy. Can we please have S1 back?!

Not likely, so my next question is how can we fix the frequent problems many users are reporting, and I personally experience with S2? 

My number one bug, which I see frequently, is unable to find my Sonos system. I kill, then restart the Sonos app and it is able to find my Sonos system. This DID NOT happen with S1,\.

There are a couple others, but all are resolved by killing and restarting the Sonos app. This IS NOT a satisfactory solution.