Answered

Arc with Samsung TV, force TV Speakers only

• 11 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

there are times which I want to use my Sonos speakers for music only and allow my child to use the television to watch cartoons with the samsung tv speakers (Samsung qled 2021 model).

The trouble is that even if I select in the TV “TV SPEAKERS” instead of “E-ARC”, it will play sound through tv speakers 2-3 seconds only and then the tv will connect again to the Sonos Arc.

Is it a way to avoid this?

In the settings inside Sonos app I have found an “auto connect tv audio” parameters, which it only don’t stop the music reproduction from Sonos speakers if playing but the tv will stay muted with Sonos output anyway. Is it a know bug?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 May 2022, 01:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It’s not technically a bug, but in fact the way that CEC is designed. Unfortunately, Sonos didn’t design CEC, they just implemented it.

So there’s not really an effective way to do this, other than turning off CEC on the TV set when you don’t want the Sonos speakers to be “engaged” automatically.