Skip to main content

Buckle up because this is a real doozy:

I received the Roam for Father’s Day and have been playing a lot of music through my home theater setup (Arc + 2 Ones) and my Roam at the same time. 

Today, after briefly playing music through both my home theater and my Roam via AirPlay, I noticed that my home theater wasn’t playing audio while my Roam was. I tried reconnecting via AirPlay to the home theater, but received a generic error message on my iPhone.

After a lot of troubleshooting including resetting my router multiple times, contacting customer support, unplugging and replugging the Arc, I ended up performing a factory reset. During the post-reset setup, I had to connect to my Arc to WiFi, but I kept getting an error saying that my WiFi password was incorrect when it was not (I cannot stress this enough).

In lieu of writing an even longer post, I ended up hardwiring my Arc into my Xfinity xFi gateway and by some miracle, everything worked seamlessly including the initial setup.

I would prefer to not have my Arc hardwired. My issue is that when I try and disconnect the ethernet from my Arc, then add the Arc to my network, I get the same error about my network password being incorrect!

TLDR: Why is my Arc only working when it’s hardwired?

Duplicate thread to