Answered

App v13 cant connect or find my systems

• 24 April 2021
  • 1 reply

The Sonos app has been getting worse and worse in terms of connecting to my systems.  A lot of the time only some of them appear, if I reboot my phone and the sometimes the systems they reappear.  Now it cant connect and keeps telling me my network has changed or that I need to reboot my router and reconnect my systems.

They are connected to the network fine and can stream music, just I cannot talk to them using the app.  Anyone had a solution from Sonos to fix this, the app used to work so well now the whole system is bordering on useless.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 April 2021, 11:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @riharvey 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

To be honest with you, that sounds a lot more like issues with your network than with the Sonos app.

Do you happen to have a BT Smart Hub 2? If so, I recommend you read this topic:

In short, your BT Smart Hub 2 will have recently updated it’s firmware and this has been confirmed to cause a problem with allowing devices connected to 5GHz to communicate with devices connected to 2.4GHz, and vice versa.