Another Mesh Connection problem

• 16 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I've seen lots of stuff on this subject but not understood much. 

I've set up a mesh system using TP-Link Deco. The one thing that doesn't connect is the expensive Sonos kit, natch.

I don't want to connect it using an ethernet cable (it's why I bought a WiFi enabled speaker system) but even if I did, it doesn't work.

The sonos S1 app on my phone is telling me to connect a speaker to the router but it isn't finding it - just Searching for Product.

Any non technical help would be appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The simplest solution is probably to disable the router in the Deco primary node and put the mesh into AP mode.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

Thanks

Curiously on about the 5th attempt, I've got one speaker working. 

Will work on the others once I've fortified myself with wine

The phone perhaps connected to a WiFi on the ‘correct’ side of the Deco router. 

The default internal router in the Deco will divide your house network. If the Sonos devices are on one side of it, and the phone is connected to a WiFi on the other side, things won’t work. It’s safest to disable the Deco router function and have the mesh work as a simple access point.