Answered

Amp, Port or used Connect Amp?

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

My Sonos system features a sound bar and sub, as well as a Connect Amp that powers non Sonos speakers wired into my ceilings. I bought a Fluance turntable and pre amp and got a Connect to link it to the system (it’s in a different room than the connect amp). When I play the turntable Through the sound bar and sub it sounds great. But when it plays through the wired speakers it skips. Sonos says the turntable requires a separate amp to power the non Sonos speakers. They recommended either an Amp or a Port to replace the Connect. But I’m wondering if I should just buy a used Connect Amp instead. Much less expensive. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 December 2023, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you need to power speakers that are not Sonos speakers, then yes, a CONNECT:AMP or an Amp should be the appropriate thing. If it were me, I’d go with the Amp, it’s newer, more powerful, etc, and not have to worry about a used item, that may or may not be able to run S2 rather than S1, might be broken in some way, could have already used up the trade in percentage for a newer device, etc. 

Yes, it would be cheaper, but a ton more care, and both less power, and older electronics, which likely means less life. 

I think that you have a network issue. Describe your network. What is wired? Wireless? Router model?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The speakers that are skipping are they a connect amp, wasn't sure based on your post? If so could be this issue https://en.community.sonos.com/components-and-architectural-228999/sonos-is-forcing-people-to-buy-new-hardware-as-they-ve-broken-the-connect-amp-and-they-refuse-to-fix-it-6888610?postid=16697543#post16697543

Likewise I wouldn't recommend buying a connect amp until this issue is resolved.