Skip to main content
Question

amp balance

• 30 May 2024
  • 6 replies

L R balance on Amp stopped working since the new App. No change is balance when sliding from one side to the other. Both speakers still playing stereo music. Is that an other new App bug?  We have not tested function on an other Amp.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Same issue here. I’m growing increasingly pessimistic that they’re going to fix all this stuff before going out of business. I think the IPO in 2018 might’ve been a death sentence for everything we loved about Sonos, and possibly for the company as a whole. The SONO stock price has to go up, and fixing the details we care about won’t help. With the market now saturated, all their remaining tools for improving the stock price are terrible: layoffs, selling our data, selling music services to us, selling advertising, and selling more devices. (Now that they’ve introduced the Ace headphones to fill the last remaining void in the product line, soon the only way to sell more devices will be to make more of our old devices obsolete, Apple-style.) Fixing “little” details like L-R balance, maintaining a local music library, searching my library, editing queues and playlists, muting speakers within a group, etc., is going to remain a very low priority for the Sonos C-suite. I really hope I’m wrong. Please, Sonos, prove me wrong...

Yep, I have the same issue with the new app and a Sonos Amp. Balance control non-functional. Can’t say if it’s definitely an App fault as I commissioned the amp after the new App was introduced, but I’d be very surprised if it was the Amp itself that was faulty. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue with Amp balance control. The slider moves, but nothing actually changes. Worked under previous versions all ok. I have tried to re-pair/install the amp etc and no difference so presume its another issue with the latest version of the app. 

Same here, I just setup my amp and Sonos outdoor speakers. I’ve tried the balance control and switching between mono and stereo but nothing seems to change 

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same problem. The placement of the speakers requires a balance adjustment so that the left is higher, otherwise the sound will not be good. It was working without any problem before the update in May. Immediately noticed something was wrong with the sound and found that the balance control was reset and nothing happened when adjusting it. Still no release date when this is fixed!

Hi Same issue here. Can not control Amp Balance via the new app, when “line-in” being used. It works when I log in from my Mac. Interesting, I hadn’t heard about the IPO (2018…. ). Have replaced all S1 equipment with whatever the new equivalent is. The system spec’s read well, but performance and ability to  manage is far worse. During one rant, I suggested the app developers should be made to use the Sonos app and equipment.

Anyway, current issue is, “Can not control Amp Balance via the new app.”