Question

Amp and Sub issue

• 3 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I don’t seem to be getting a signal from te sub out on my sonos amp to my own sub. Anyone experiencing this!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Is your Sonos Amp set up as a driver for surround speakers?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Bruce   It’s not; should it be. ?

thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

That’s if you have sonos speakers  this amp

Is connected to wired speakers 

Are you on the latest Sonos software? I think there used to be an issue with sub, but that it was solved with a software update some time ago.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Claus

yes I am. Maybe it’s my sub. Really don’t know at this point. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Thesil 

Please tell us what speakers are connected to the Amp front left/right or rear surrounds left/right. That I believe is what @Airgetlam was trying to discern. If the latter setup then the sub will not work under those circumstances.

Correct, when being used to drive surround speakers, the Sub output is turned off. But you’ve said you’re not driving surround speakers with your Amp, which is most curious. 

Just to be careful, your attached sub is self powered, correct? Might help us to know what make and model it is, in case we need to look up the manual for reference...or just post a link to the manual. 

It might also help if you were to submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here. Those of us in the community don’t have access to diagnostics, but if there’s some sort of hardware issue in your Amp, it might help.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I’m assuming, of corse, you’ve rebooted the Amp itself. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It’s a bowers and Wilkins asw 675. Why would rebooting the amp help?

thanks

It would force a reload of the Sonos software running on the computer inside it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Bruce 

so just unplug and plug back in to reboot?

thanks

g